The results export feature enables you to export your results
for use in a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel or Open Office. You may
export your results in Excel (xls), CSV or MS XML formats.
The Responses option enables you to select a range of
responses to export.
- Use this for exporting surveys that have lots of
responses. Often spreadsheet software has a limit to the number of rows
that you can import. This option limits the length of the exported file
by exporting fewer responses.
- The response slider is double ended.
Therefore it allows you to select a range of responses. If you wish to
export all responses then leave the slider in the default position.
The Question option enables you to select a range of
questions to export.
- Use this for exporting surveys that have many matrix
questions. Often spreadsheet software has a limit to the number of
columns you can import. This option limits the width of the exported
file by exporting fewer questions.
From (Date & Time and To (Date
- The From and To date options allow exporting of
responses from a date range.
Export IP addresses
- If you would like to keep the respondents IP address
anonymous then uncheck this option to prevent the IP addresses from
- By default answers are exported in text form. If you
wish to perform statistical analysis on the results then you will need
to check this option. Once checked your responses will be exported as a
number representing each answer choice. For example if the
participant selected the first answer then 1 will be exported.
Two CSV export modes are available:
- A column is created for every question and each text
response. Each respondents answer is entered on a separate row.
- A column is created for each answer of each
question, columns are marked with either the answer selected or a '1'
if there is only one option such as single choice question.
The following file formats are available:
- XLS - The XLS file format is compatible with Excel.
- CSV - CSV files may be imported into Excel, Open office and
- XML - The XML file format is compatible with Microsoft
If you are having problems importing
csv files into excel, please follow these instructions: